Wednesday 27 February 2019

Sobhita Dhulipala shares ordeal she faced at hotel for wearing a burqa and looking Muslim: I felt like sh*t

Sobhita Dhulipala
Sobhita Dhulipala
Model-turned-actress Sobhita Dhulipala who made her acting debut with Anurag Kashyap's Raman Raghav 2.0. She then went on to be part of films like Chef and Kaalakandi. In 2018, she forayed into Telugu with Goodachari, which was a huge hit.
On February 27, Sobhita revealed that she faced a hard time at a hotel because she was wearing a burqa for a shoot. Reportedly, the receptionist denied her a spare key because she looked Muslim.
She took to social media to share about the ordeal she had to go through while shooting for a film. She said, "I was in my shoot costume (burqa) and the receptionist of a hotel close by, who wasn't aware that I am an actor, spoke to me brusquely. And disregarded my request for a spare room key and this was because I looked Muslim (also had dust over my bag and clothes etc). I stepped away quietly. I felt like shit for a moment. The point is not about fighting with him. I know I'm in a position to retaliate or correct him and that he will apologise. Many aren't. Doesn't this disrespect turn into bitterness? If 10 seconds made me feel so small and judged, how do the rest feel? This is wrong. (sic)"
Sobhita was furious and she did receive some support from her fans who stated that no one should be discriminated or looked down upon because of their religion.
Here are some of the tweets:
On the work front, Sobhita also has Moothon, Made in Heaven, The Body and Bard of Blood at different stages of production.

No comments:

Post a Comment