Thursday 28 February 2019

Priyanka Chopra on Bollywood comeback after three years: My career in both countries is dear to me

Priyanka Chopra is making her comeback in Bollywood with Shonali Bose's The Sky Is Pink.
Priyanka Chopra is making her comeback in Bollywood with Shonali Bose's The Sky Is Pink.
'Desi Girl' Priyanka Chopra has been missing in action from the Bollywood scene for almost three years now. The actress, whose last Bollywood release was Prakash Jha's Jai Gangaajal in 2016, has been busy with her Hollywood projects in the meantime.
Priyanka will soon return to home turf with Shonali Bose's The Sky Is Pink, which also features Farhan Akhtar and Zaira Wasim in key roles. In an interview with a newspaper, she said that the "magic of movies" is what matters to her.
"I have missed the madness of Hindi movies. I don't look at it as a choice between Hollywood and Bollywood, it's the magic of movies. The first thing I did after Quantico was a Hindi movie. My career in both countries is dear to me, and as long as people want to watch me, I'll stay!" she said.
The Sky Is Pink is based on the life of Aisha Chaudhary, who became a motivational speaker after being diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis. In the last few months of her life, she also penned a memoir titled My Little Epiphanies.
According to Priyanka, The Sky Is Pink was not a bleak film, but a celebration of life. "Though the film is about parents losing their child to an incurable disease, it's a unique take on death - one that celebrates people's lives instead of mourning their death. It was a challenge to go from 22 to 60 after 7 Khoon Maaf (2011). I was able to sink my teeth in the part," she said.
Produced by Ronnie Screwvala and Siddharth Roy Kapur, The Sky Is Pink is scheduled to open in theatres on October 11 this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment