Thursday 14 March 2019

Akshay Kumar: Politics not on my agenda. Can't do through politics what I do with my films

Akshay Kumar says he has no plans of joining politics.
Akshay Kumar says he has no plans of joining politics.
In the last few years, Akshay Kumar has become the poster boy of socially-relevant films in Bollywood. From Toilet Ek Prem Katha to Pad Man, the 51-year-old actor is trying to bring forth a message with each of his film. And in the time that he is not working on such films, the actor is busy carrying the baton of patriotism. Be it Airlift or Gold or Kesari, his films are patriotic.
So is this culminating into a career in politics in the near future? Akshay Kumar says no.
In a recent interview, Akshay was asked if he has any plans of joining politics. To which he replied, "Politics is not on my agenda. I feel what I am doing through my films, I will never be able to do that through politics."
He added, "I did Toilet Ek Prem Katha and since there has been so many changes. After Pad Man, many people are talking about sanitary pads and menstruation openly. It is not a taboo, especially in bigger cities. I hope there should be no taboo in this country. The power of cinema and theatre is unbelievable. You can do so many things. When I did Airlift, nobody knew that story despite the fact that it is there is Guinness Book of World Records. The same goes for Kesari. No one knows about the story. People know more about 300 (2006). We don't know our history. It's a beautiful story."
On the work front, Akshay is awaiting the release of Anurag Singh's Kesari. The film tells the epic story of the bravest battle ever fought. The battle of Saragarhi saw 21 Sikhs pitted against 10,000 Afghan invaders. The film is set to hit the screens on March 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment